Terms and Conditions
The site is operated by Newlands House Gallery a private limited company, registration number 12132644 Martlet House, E1 Yeoman Gate, Yeoman Way, Worthing, West Sussex, United Kingdom, BN13 3QZ
Please read these Terms carefully because your use of the Site constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, you should not access or use the Site.
These Terms, and any further contract between us, are available only in the English language. So far as applicable law permits, no other languages will apply.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Newlands House Gallery Ltd. and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Newlands House Gallery Ltd. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Newlands House Gallery Ltd. takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Whilst we are continually seeking out solutions that will bring all areas of the Site up to the same level of overall accessibility, should you experience any difficulty in accessing the Site, please don’t hesitate to contact us on email@example.com
- Commercial photography is prohibited unless prior authorisation has been sought.
- It may be necessary to conduct occasional bag searches. Please do not be offended if this occurs, it is in the interest of everyone’s safety.
- The Gallery cannot be held responsible if any of your personal property is lost or damaged whilst at the venue.
- A valid ticket must be produced for any exhibition, event or workshop where the gallery has specified a ticket is required.
- The Gallery reserves the right to refuse entry.
- A refund for Gallery events is only available if the event is cancelled.
- Occasionally the event or performance may be filmed or recorded by the Gallery. Buying this ticket affirms your consent to the filming and sound recording of yourself as a participant or member of the audience. If you have any objection to this, please inform the Gallery. This excludes events for children or for vulnerable adults, when specific consent is required.
Ownership, use and intellectual property rights
All copyright, trademarks, domain names, design rights, database rights, patents and other intellectual property rights of any kind whether or not they are registered or unregistered (anywhere in the world) in and on the Site including all content and applications located on the Site shall remain vested in Newlands House Gallery Ltd. All such rights are reserved.
You may retrieve and display the content on the Site on a device screen. You may not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy or distribute or use for commercial purposes any of the content on the Site without written permission from Newlands House Gallery.
You agree not to adjust to try to circumvent or delete any notices contained on the Site (including any intellectual property notices) and in particular in any digital rights or other security technology embedded or contained within the Site.
The use or reproduction of any Newlands House Gallery trademarks appearing on the Site is strictly prohibited unless you have our prior written permission.
e. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in relation to any queries or requests regarding materials on the Site.
Accuracy of information and availability of the Site
While we try to make sure that the Site is accurate, up-to-date and free from bugs, we cannot promise that it will be. Furthermore, we cannot promise that the Site will be fit or suitable for any purpose. Any reliance that you may place on the information on this Site is at your own risk.
If your data changes (for example, if you have a new email address), then you are responsible for notifying us of those changes. Upon request, we will provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as long as needed to provide you with our services. We may also retain and use your information in order to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent abuse, and enforce our agreements.
Links to other websites
- Use this website
- Engage with employees of Newlands House Gallery Ltd. in person, by phone, by email or post
- Consent to receive our email marketing announcements or newsletters
- Consent to be emailed about artwork of interest
Newlands House Gallery Ltd. is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website or communicating with gallery staff, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Newlands House Gallery Ltd. may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from May 2020.
Newlands House Gallery may collect the following information:
- name and job title or those of assigned representatives or points of contact
- personal or company contact information including but not limited to email address, phone number, or delivery/invoice addresses
- account or payment card details and payment information in cases of trade
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. We gather this information in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- To meet legal and accounting requirements
- To improve our exhibitions and services.
- To communicate with you regarding updates to the gallery, news about our artists, upcoming projects and exhibitions, etc. We may periodically send promotional emails about new exhibitions, works of art, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address and/or phone number which you have provided.
- To contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or post. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- To transfer necessary information to third parties including but not limited to shippers, framers or other suppliers with whom we work to complete our services.
- If you choose to limit specific personal or business data, this may impact Newland House Gallery Ltd.’s ability to adequately provide its services to you.
Newlands House Gallery Ltd. keeps this information and all information relevant to past sales processes for legal and financial records but endeavours to keep actively used information up to date.
Control of personal information
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.
If you wish to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority you should contact the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Newlands House Gallery, Pound Street, Petworth, GU28 0DX
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Modern Slavery Statement
This statement sets out the steps Newlands House Gallery Ltd. is taking to ensure modern slavery is not taking place in its business or supply chains and that it is in compliance with Section 54 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
Newlands House Gallery was founded in 2019 to exhibit the art works of twentieth century and contemporary artists.
Newlands House is an art gallery whose activities include:
- Exhibitions of art works
- Coordinating the insurance and valuation of objects
- Organising framing mounting and installation of art works
- Coordinating with shippers for the import and export of goods to and from the UK and other countries where installations, art fairs and exhibitions may take place
- Producing publications with artists, artist’s estates and institutions
- Event management at the gallery
- Marketing and advertising for the gallery as well as through social media platforms
Newlands House Gallery is committed to ensuring that to the best of its ability there is no modern slavery or human trafficking in its supply chains or in any part of its business. The gallery policy is to assess and address the risks of violations of anti-human trafficking and anti-modern slavery laws. The gallery will not knowingly support or do business with any person or organisation involved in slavery and/or human trafficking and is committed to acting ethically and with integrity in all its business relationships.
Our Supply Chain
The works of art exhibited at Newlands House Gallery are consigned or purchased from the artists, owners or from family estates, either directly or via an auction house, and, they are purchased mainly from the UK, Europe and the USA. All purchases are subject to a thorough provenance search, to establish their authenticity and the current owner(s). All of the auxiliary goods and services provided to the business are sourced from local or nationally recognised, reputable businesses, with whom the gallery liaises directly.
Newlands House Gallery operates transparently with its suppliers in order to establish and maintain confidence that none of its supply chains are exposed to any forms of labour exploitation.
Newlands House Gallery adheres to a robust recruitment process in line with UK employment laws, including ‘right to work’, identity checks, and contracts of employment.
All Newlands House Gallery employees are briefed on the UK Modern Slavery Act 2015 and have been made aware of the types of modern slavery and human trafficking that can exist. When Newlands House Gallery considers entering into a new relationship with a third party, it follows the necessary due diligence processes to ensure that the third party is conducting its business ethically and in adherence to the UK Modern Slavery Act 2015 – this is likely to include, as a minimum, references. The gallery also ensures the monitoring of new relationships formed. Staff are asked to relay any concerns that they may have regarding ethical standards to senior management, so the appropriate action can be taken.
Newlands House Gallery takes steps to ensure its (larger) suppliers are aware of the human rights standards and wider ethical values to which the gallery abides, and, the standards that the gallery expects from them.